Banana bread/muffins are by far one of my favorite foods to eat (along with a bazillion other things). It’s even better when some semi sweet chocolate chips are added to the mix. Chocolate makes everything better, right? 😉
Last night I noticed some way overly ripe bananers in the refrigerator, and I immediately knew I was going to make some banana muffins. Then I remembered we had some chocolate chips in the pantry. Mhmm banana chocolate chip muffins it was.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings: 12 regular sized muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all natural unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 overly ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
3. Use a hand mixer to blend ingredients together.
4. Stir in chocolate chips with spatula.
5. Pour batter into muffin pan, filling each muffin hole about 2/3 full.
6. Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy these delicious babies!
I don’t know about where you are, but it’s snowing and freezing here today so it’d be the perfect day to make a batch (or five) of these delicious muffins. If it’s not snowing or freezing where you are, pretend it is. And get to baking. 😉