I did it! I made homemade fudge for the first time, and even better yet, it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! If you remember, making homemade fudge this holiday season was one of my December goals.
The recipe I used was one I got from one of the ladies in the Senior’s Exercise Class that I teach every Thursday morning at church. She said it’s incredibly rich and delicious, but isn’t too difficult to make. Sounded perfect to me!
Southport casino dress code Creamy Quick Fudge
Servings: Makes about 16 1″ pieces
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: None – chill in fridge until firm
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces (optional)
- Melt chocolate over hot (not boiling) water.
- While chocolate is melting, combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, & salt in a bowl, and stir until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate until blended.
- Stir in soft butter.
- Mix in the nuts (if using them).
- Spread evenly in greased 8″ square pan.
- Chill until firm, cut into pieces, and enjoy!
Since I love fudge way too much to keep it in our house for longer than a day, I decided to make a bunch to give away to friends and co-workers. I guess it’s a good thing it turned out well otherwise we might’ve not been giving away any treats this year! 😉 Of course I kept a couple pieces for Cody and me to enjoy, but the rest got packaged up to go out to others.
It was a pretty easy recipe to make, and I loved the taste and texture of it. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious fudge recipe, this is it! Have a wonderful Sunday! Off to church I go!
http://drinkingstudent.com/header/sitemap39/ Topbet casino promo code Questions:
- Have you ever made fudge? If so, what’s your favorite recipe? Link up!
- Do you like fudge with nuts or without?
- Do you give Christmas goodies away to friends and/or co-workers?