I’ve been wanting to do a post along the lines of misinterpretations and assumptions people get from me (and I’m sure others) as a healthy living blogger. Below are things people I’ve heard people say to me about my blog and/or things I’m sure people might presume from my blog at times. Hopefully this will help clear things up and answer some questions you may have.
- Assumption: I’m on a “diet” because I have a health and fitness blog.
Truth: Definitely not! In fact, I try to make it clear on my blog how much I’m not even a fan of diets in the first place. I am all for eating REAL and nutritious food, exercising in a way that you enjoy, and using balance and moderation when it comes to food and fitness.
- Assumption: I’m perfect when it comes to eating healthy and exercising.
Truth: Heck to the no on this one! I am by FAR perfect from eating healthy and exercising. I feel as though I’m pretty open about my struggles and things I want to work on in regards to healthy eating and fitness on my blog. Healthy eating and my workouts are something I’m always working at improving and wanting to getting better at.
- Assumption: I workout like crazy and never take a rest day.
Truth: I DO workout 5-6 days each week because I enjoy exercising; it’s one of my biggest hobbies and loves. My workouts are often one of the highlights of my day. However, I always make sure to take at least one rest day each week so that my muscles and body can recover. My daily workouts are also rarely over an hour in length. I like to get ‘em done, and get in and out.
- Assumption: I know everything there is to know about healthy living, fitness, and eating well.
Truth: Oh my, I have SO much more to learn in the realm of healthy living, fitness, and eating well. I do have a background in health and fitness, as I have my B.A. degree in Health Psychology and am a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), but there is still SO much out there that I don’t know. I’m always looking for more chances to learn and expand my knowledge within health, nutrition, and fitness.
If you have any other questions or thoughts, please don’t hesitate to ask!
- If you have a healthy living blog (or any other type of blog), do you feel as though people have false assumptions and misinterpretations about you?
- Random: What is one thing you’re looking forward to eating (or have already eaten) today?!