I’m almost always more of a chocolate girl than a fruit girl. Give me the choice between a big brownie sundae or an apple pie, and I’ll choose the brownie sundae in a heartbeat. No questions asked. I love my chocolate. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy my fruit pies and cobblers, but chocolate always wins.
Chocolate might just have a close runner-up though – lemon. Lemon bars. Lemon pound cake. Lemon muffins. I just love lemon desserts!
Needless to say, I was pretty stoked when I won a giveaway that included some Lemon NuNatural Liquid Stevia Drops. I have all sorts of fun ideas for these lemon drops. First up? *drum roll please*
Healthy Frosted Lemon Muffins
Servings: makes 9-10 medium muffins
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or powdered stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 full drops of NuNaturals Lemon Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 full drop of NuNaturals Lemon Liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a muffin tin with 9-10 liners.
- Combine all dry muffin ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Add wet muffin ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Fill each muffin tin liner about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake muffins for about 10-12 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, use a hand mixer to blend the Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, and liquid stevia.
- Let the frosting set in the refrigerator.
- Let the muffins cool completely.
- Frost the muffins. Enjoy!
These are super duper easy, healthy, and may be eaten as part of a meal, snack, or dessert. Or all three. I won’t tell.
- Do you prefer chocolate or fruit desserts?
- What is your favorite lemon dessert or baked good?