I found this fun little Healthy Living Survey from Running Around Normal the other day. I still have a little junior higher in me that loves filling out surveys, so obviously I’m posting it. Feel free to play along!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Kodiak Cakes with 1/2 of a smashed banana mixed into the batter topped with peanut butter and warm maple syrup.
And yes, this is a recycled photo. I promise my breakfast this morning looked almost identical though. I’ve been in love with these pancakes recently!
2. How much water do you drink each day?
I don’t count ounces or anything like that, but I have at least one full (~12 oz.) glass of water with each meal and snack I eat, which is a total of about 6 times per day. I sip on a big cup of water at my desk throughout the day too. I <3 water!
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Walking the pups! The weather has been gorgeous out the last couple weeks, so I’ve been taking full advantage of it. They’re loving it too. It’s interesting how I used to think of walking as hardly a “workout”. Now it’s pretty much the extent of my workouts along with yoga and pilates! My perspective has definitely changed.
4. How many calories do you eat each day?
Currently between 2000-2500 calories per day.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
- Almonds + raisins (thank you Chelsey )
- Banana smothered in peanut butter
- Greek yogurt with fruit and/or granola
- Peanut Butter Puffins
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
7. What is your favorite body part to train?
Tough question! I would have to say my hamstrings.
8. What is your least favorite body part to train?
Triceps! I always find them so challenging!
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I’m learning not to put food in a “bad” category, but I’ll answer this question in terms of cravings I have that are often times considered junk food. If I have cravings, they’re almost always for something sweet. I crave ice cream a lot! Oh, and cookie dough. Can’t forget the cookie dough.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I take a multivitamin and flaxseed oil pill (omega-3’s!) with breakfast, and I take a calcium chew and another flaxseed oil pill after dinner. I don’t use supplements much other than whey protein powder every once in awhile.
11. How often do you eat out?
We don’t eat out nearly as much as we used to. After we realized how much eating out can add up, we cut back a lot. We will go out to eat once every 2-3 weeks. We DO go out for frozen yogurt or ice cream probably once a week though.
12. Do you eat fast food?
Rarely. I never crave it, and my stomach hates it. The closest to fast food I’ll get is Subway or Chipotle. I’ll totally go for a DQ Blizzard or McDonalds McFlurry though… There’s no passing those up!
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Cody and my mom are definitely my biggest fans. They cheer me along through it all – the good, the bad, the ugly. Love them to pieces!
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Not anymore. I just cancelled it this month because I felt like I wasn’t getting much use out of it at this point in my life. The great outdoors and my living room floor have been where my workouts have taken place lately.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
I shoot for 8 hours, which helps me feel my best. Sometimes it’s more like 7 or 7.5 hours though. I definitely need my sleep though!
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No, no, no! If you would’ve asked me this a few years ago, I would’ve said yes, but my eating habits have changed for the better since then. I eat healthy most of the time with a few treats and indulgences thrown in there from time to time.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Every once in awhile, but not often. I love a glass of wine sometimes, but I dislike most beer. I don’t like the price tag on alcohol so we don’t buy it much.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Nope, unless you include our dogs. I usually enjoy doing my workouts on my own. It’s my “me time”.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
Inspiring others to make positive and healthy changes in their lives. Hearing that just makes my day!
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I did a yoga video! It was awesome.
- Answer a few of the above questions!
- How are YOU living out a healthy lifestyle today?