I have been wanting to make my own homemade almond butter for weeks now, and finally just got around to it last week. After trying Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter, I was hoping to create an almond butter that somewhat resembled it.
I talked to the almond-butter-making-queen and asked her if she had any tips on how to make good almond butter. She gave me some advice, and I set out to make my first batch of homemade almond butter.
I’ll be honest, it didn’t end up like Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter, but it sure did turn out amazing. After roasting my almonds, blending them in the food processor, and adding some vanilla, I eyed my coconut oil that I received from Swanson a few weeks ago. I knew it had to go in there too. That is when this Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter came about!
Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 300* F.
- Spread out almonds on a baking sheet and bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let almonds cool.
- Add almonds to food processor.
- Blend in food processor for about 5 minutes or until almonds come to a “buttery” consistency.
- Add vanilla and coconut oil and process until thoroughly blended.
- Scoop into your favorite jar or container and enjoy!