So I don’t like to brag or anything, but I have a pretty amazing recipe for you this morning…
Cranberry Walnut Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup homemade cranberry sauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350* F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, applesauce, and cranberry sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This bread is so good, in fact, that Cody opted to have it for breakfast yesterday morning over his usual beloved toast and milk (um, boring?). Now that says something my friends!
Each bite is bursting with a combo of sweetness from the brown sugar, tang from the cranberries, and crunch from the walnuts. It makes for the perfect holiday bread to power you through your Christmas shopping, to feed your guests that are in town, or for a quick and healthy snack during the busy-ness of the holiday season.
Enjoy warm with melted butter or top with some of your favorite nut butter!
- What is your favorite kind of quick bread?
- Do you have relatives coming in from out of town this week for Thanksgiving?