Since Ashley is busy with her new baby boy, (Congrats again mama!!!) I wanted to share a great recipe with you guys. As we all know, life can be busy. The last thing you want to do when you come home from a long day at work is spend 3 hours laboring over dinner. I don’t know about you, but this is not the way I like to spend my evenings.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one jar of salsa on the bottom of the baking pan.
2. Layer chicken over the salsa. Add whatever spices you like or you can leave it plain. I threw in some basil, parsley, and garlic. We all know I love my garlic.
3. Pour 2nd. jar of salsa on top of chicken. Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes. (or until chicken is no longer pink)
4. Then, take pan out of the oven and sprinkle a nice thick layer of Mexican cheese on top. Cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Eat up! Serves about 4 people.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that you can make it as spicy as you want. I’m not a fan of turn your face red while you’re eating it type salsa, I love the sweet kind. Also, you can add plain mozzarella cheese or cheddar on top. Plus, the dinner pretty much just cooks itself so you can be doing more fun things!
For more recipes, workouts, and my daily ramblings, head over to Life and Fitness and say hi!