Hi guys! Hope your week is off to a great start so far! I have a special guest post for you today from Ashley over at Life and Fitness. Since I’m all about simple meals these days, I thought I’d let her share one of her favorite quick and easy recipes with you. Hope you enjoy!
Hi Food ‘n’ Fitness Readers! I’m Ashley and some of you guys may have seen me floating around the blog world. I’m a 22 year old student writing about my daily adventures at Life and Fitness. It is a way for me to spread my love of all things fitness related, cooking mis-haps (because well frankly they happen a lot!), cute dog pictures (who doesn’t love puppies?!?), and my daily adventures of being happy and healthy.
Since Ashley is busy with her new baby boy, (Congrats again mama!!!) I wanted to share a great recipe with you guys. As we all know, life can be busy. The last thing you want to do when you come home from a long day at work is spend 3 hours laboring over dinner. I don’t know about you, but this is not the way I like to spend my evenings.
So with that in mind, I like coming up with easy and quick recipes that are perfect for people on the go. Did I mention the recipe only has 4 ingredients. Yup, easy as pie.
Salsa Chicken Recipe
• 1 package of chicken (about 1lb.)
• 1 jar of pineapple salsa
• 1 jar of mango salsa
• Mexican cheese (about half a package)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one jar of salsa on the bottom of the baking pan.
2. Layer chicken over the salsa. Add whatever spices you like or you can leave it plain. I threw in some basil, parsley, and garlic. We all know I love my garlic.
3. Pour 2nd. jar of salsa on top of chicken. Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes. (or until chicken is no longer pink)
4. Then, take pan out of the oven and sprinkle a nice thick layer of Mexican cheese on top. Cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Eat up! Serves about 4 people.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that you can make it as spicy as you want. I’m not a fan of turn your face red while you’re eating it type salsa, I love the sweet kind. Also, you can add plain mozzarella cheese or cheddar on top. Plus, the dinner pretty much just cooks itself so you can be doing more fun things!
For more recipes, workouts, and my daily ramblings, head over to Life and Fitness and say hi!