We’re already halfway through the week, believe it or not! It’s been a busy one over here.
Well, I suppose I’ve made it busy for myself. I’m hosting a little Valentine’s Day shindig for my mom’s group on Friday, so I’ve been making myself busy prepping for that.
Oh, the details!
I could make it super simple, throw out some store bought cupcakes, and call it good, but that’s just not my style. Apparently I like to make things complicated. But, I really do enjoy it all. I love to host and entertain, so this sort of thing is right up my alley. Now to just get a bigger house!
Moving on to food…
It is What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) after all! (<—click on the link to learn more about it!)
I thought it may intrigue some of you if I went into a little more detail about how I decide what to eat for each of my meals and snacks. Quite honestly, I don’t put nearly as much thought as I used to into my food choices (this is a good thing for me because it used to be way too obsessive!), but I still try to be mindful about how I’m fueling my body. Let’s take a peek into (most of) my eats from yesterday, and I’ll explain.
breakfast: “Cookie Dough Cereal” (aka oats, protein powder, cinnamon, peanut butter, almond butter, topped with berries)
What I aim for in a breakfast:
- A good balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein
- A serving (or two) of fruit or veggies
- Sweet (I’m just more of a sweet breakfast kinda gal. This isn’t to say I love savory breakfasts occasionally though.)
AKA Why I love the above “Cookie Dough Cereal” – it accomplishes all of the above no problem!
post workout snack: plain Greek yogurt mixed with Designer Whey Almond Vanilla protein powder, topped with chia seed and almonds
What I aim for in a post workout snack:
- High in protein
lunch: kale salad with turkey, cranberries, almonds, & goat cheese drizzled with poppyseed dressing
What I aim for in a lunch:
- Easy/convenient (are you sensing a theme here?!)
- A large serving size of veggies
- High in protein and healthy fats
afternoon snack: banana and Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
What I aim for in an afternoon snack:
- Basically, whatever I feel like eating! (without going overboard, of course)
I try to make this a healthy snack to help me get to dinner, but sometimes it ends up being a brownie or a peanut butter/chocolate chip spoon!
Bad lighting + hungry Ashley = terrible photo!
What I aim for in a dinner:
- Can be prepped/assembled in 30 minutes or less
- A serving (or two) of vegetables
- A protein source
dessert: Mug Brownie
What I aim for in a dessert:
- Single serving (for convenience sake & to help me keep my portion control in check)
- Whatever I’m feeling!
Are you generally more simple or detail-oriented?
How do YOU decide what to eat?
Do you put a lot of thought into your meals/snacks or not so much?
What was the best thing you ate yesterday?